Sunday, May 27, 2012

My farm can beat up your farm


Perhaps in today's society with Facebook in farmville this is a common saying.  However I don't think that anyone had beer in mind.  Jason and I have both set out to brew a traditional low gravity farmhouse ale.  When many people think about Belgian beers they think of high gravity breathalyzer busters.  As most of you know I am a fan of the session beer and thus was extremely enticed by this beer.  Fantome is perhaps my favorite farmhouse ale.  I have heard from reliable sources that there beers taste different from batch to batch.  I think there is beauty in that which can not be replicated.  Home brewing is an art form, and the beer you make that day is a beer that reflects that moment.  After all could Picasso paint the Mona Lisa over again if he had to in the exact same fashion? Would it look exactly the same?  I hope that I never make the same beer twice.  Anyhow...here are some pics of the farmhouse ale.  There should be a farmhouse vs. farmhouse event featuring both of these prospective offerings....

1 comment: